Sunday, December 7, 2014

Surrender

 Surrender

A follower once said to his shaykh, ‘O my shaykh, how am I going to surrender to you. Let me surrender to you as a dead person surrenders!’ The shaykh said, ‘No, even a dead person does not surrender completely. In our Sufi Order we do not accept the surrender of a dead person for he still has a will. According to all religions, when God takes the soul away, the dead one still sees and hears and feels everything, but he cannot open his eyes or speak. That power is taken away. I want the surrender of tree-leaves in autumn. When they fall the wind carries them. Wherever the wind carries them, the leaves will never say anything. Go East. Go West. Go North. Go South. It might be that the leaf falls into the fire and is burnt, but it will not say anything. I want such surrender. If you reach such a level, we accept you in our Way. (Mawlana Shaykh Nazim (q), via eshaykh.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment